Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Oh be careful little hands what you blog

I began this blog so that I would pursue personal growth. I needed to discipline myself to write down my thoughts and communicate my heart to others who are interested. My goal has been to post at least 2 blogs each week. The only one I know for sure that has been reading my blog is my mom - and that's good enough for me. When I post a blog, there is a comment section, so that if those reading it choose to, they can comment on my blog and others can read what they said about it. I haven't really been paying much attention, except to see that no one had been posting comments.

Then, yesterday, as I was learning some other things that could be done on a blog, I saw that 2 of my posts had a comment attached. I had no idea who one person was that commented on one of my messages on worship. The other comment had to do with a book I recentlly read: In A Pit With a Lion On A Snowy Day. I was surprised to read the comment from that books author. It was very nice - encouraging.

I learned something new - that I probably should have already known: When you are dealing with the wide world of the internet, information is out there for all to see - including people you may write about that you never thought would see it. I'm glad I didn't trash this guy! But the other thing I learned is that the recent vision I received for my life is possible in more ways than I imagined:

My dream is to help people take the next step in their spiritual journey

Although my writings are mostly for myself (and my mom), it is possible that I might be able to help some anonymous reader out there to take his/her next step toward Christ.

Don't forget that God is in control of your life as well. He may choose to use you to have an impact on someone else, whose life you never thought you could touch. Be encouraged; and be open to what God might want to do through you - today.

1 comment:

Jason and Priscilla said...

That is so cool. And that is so true of all of our lives. You never know who is watching or listening. But if our lives reflect our creator then there are no worries. Keep sharing - more are reading then you might think.