Monday, September 7, 2009

MY FAVORITE LABORERS

It's Labor Day, so my mind is on those who give of themselves, laboring for something much more important than money. I am thinking today of those who labor with me for the sake of the gospel: the good news of Jesus Christ. In particular, today, I am thinking of those who serve with me at Grace Baptist Church in Westlake, OH. These are people who chose to be a part of a small church, and instead of being concerned about being known or praised, they humbly serve for the love of God. Today, I honor those who serve with me for a cause that is greater than any other: to share the good news of Jesus Christ with our community; and to help everyone who comes to us grow in the spiritual journey with Jesus.


I could list every single person who attends Grace, and I could list our missionaries around the world who serve so faithfully. But, for today, I list those who serve on various leadership teams with me, and not only give of their time and effort in ministry, but also lead others in the church to do the same.

Of course, my #1 labor day ministry hero is my wife, Teresa. Without her, I could not serve in the way I do. She works incredibly hard to support me and bring up our 5 children in God's was. She is incredible. Thanks babe!


My staff:
Steve Strong - youth pastor- Steve has served 10 years at Grace; and has been an incredible asset to our ministry. I count him as a good friend and I could not ask for a better pastor to serve with.

Judy Kime - Has served decades here as secretary and is incredibly competent. She knows what to do and how to do it. Thanks for your faithfulness Judy!

Joyce Baker - Has been a great help, along with Judy, as an office administrator. I know that she will always give her best effort; and is doing everything in the best interest of the pastors and church. Thanks Joyce!

Ken McKenzie - Is the greatest custodian ever! I cannot say enough about the great attitude that Ken goes about ministry here at Grace. He is a hard worker, and I never have to worry about how things are being handled in his area. He goes well and beyond the call of duty!

Deacons - Bob Kime, Larry Montgomery, Bruce Baker, Andy Kuyper, Roy Wills, Barry Beutell, Paul Foradora, Tim Lehr and Glenn Bender. All of these guys are great servants, and work with the pastors in whatever area they are asked to serve. I really appreciate each of them!

Life Group Leaders - Phil Dawson, Steve Strong, Mike Yager, Ken McKenzie, Wade Green, Steve Glick, Bob Kime, Paul Foradora and Scott Tyson. I count on these guys and their wives, to care for a small group of people and to help each one apply the Word of God to real life. I cannot think of a more important role in our church ministry. Thanks for caring!

Ministry Team Leaders - Mike Yager, Phil Dawson, Keri Yund, Bruce Baker, Shannon Dawson, Peg Montgomery, Scott Tyson, Dave Anthony, Sarah Strong, Judy Kime, Deb Tyson, Stan Shimko, and Steve Strong. These leaders are on the front lines of our ministry! We as pastors are committed to do what God asks us: to train others to do the ministry. These leaders are key, not only to serving in their area, but leading others to serve. We couldn't do this ministry God has called us to, without them! Thanks!

So, there you have it...a brief listing of some of those are my Labor Day Heroes. To all of you, I repeat the words and sentiment of the Apostle Paul:

Philippians 1:3,5 - "I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now."

No comments: