Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NUMBERING MY DAYS

Lord,
Thank you for another year of life that you gave me. I recognize that every breath is a special gift from you. My blessings, over my life, and even in this past year, are so many. You blessed me with physical life and I have greatly enjoyed it. You gave me awesome, godly parents, and a brother and sister to grow up with. You have given me the most beautiful, godly woman as my wife, and you have poured on the blessing with my 5 incredible children. You have given me health and the ability to enjoy my family and friends. You have blessed me with the privilege of leading a church and loving your people. I love the people of Grace. You have given us good friends here. We have seen you at work. You are changing people's lives and that is all I ever wanted to be a part of.

Psalm 90:12 - "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."

That is my prayer, Lord. I understand that today could be my last day on this earth. I have no guarantee of another year here. That is o.k. with me, since I know that you are in control, and know what is best. I just pray, that I will use my remaining breaths to honor you and bring you glory. May I speak kindly to my wife. May I graciously lead my children in pursuing you. May I lovingly lead your people, in our church, to give themselves to the mission you have called us to.
I need your wisdom Lord. I want to enjoy and appreciate all I have from you; but my greatest desire is to use my days wisely, for your glory. I know that is all that counts when this short life is over, I go home to be with you; and then those that are left remember my life. I want them to remember you through the way I lived.

I love you Lord.

No comments: