Friday, January 13, 2012

My Wife is turning...

another year older; and a number of years that might cause extra stress for a woman, for anyone. She is approaching it with grace. Growing older is not easy, but it offers the opportunity to bring perspective. It reminds us of the truth of Scripture, as it relates to the brevity of life. Of course, it is really a personal challenge for every person. To those in their 20's, we are pretty old; and to those in their 60's, we are pretty young. The key is how we view ourselves, in the context of what God says about us. We have no guarantee of another year, let alone another day, or hour, or minute. Each moment is a wonderful blessing from God; and we both want to make the most of it, for His glory.

When I look at my wife, I don't see ____. I see the most beautiful woman in the world. I see the greatest mom, the greatest wife. I realize that not everyone would agree; and she might roll her eyes at my comments. But, I know it is true. God has incredibly blessed me with Teresa, as we are in our 18th year of marriage. She has demonstrated the love, grace and mercy of Christ. She is always giving of herself. I love her and could not be prouder of her. With every passing day, I see a woman who is getting closer to her Lord, and desiring to please Him in every way. I LOVE that about her. She is a great example for me.

So, babe: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! May God give you another blessed year; and always know that
I LOVE YOU!
Greg

No comments: