Friday, October 26, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

It's a boy!
Perhaps those words were spoken on October 26, 1966 at 4:21 a.m.
8 pounds, 12 ounces - a bouncing, crying (I assume) baby boy (this I know for sure)
That is where it all began - this life journey - atleast in terms of my human experience.

I used to love to hear those words - Happy Birthday! Those words basically meant 3 wonderful things: PRESENTS, ICE CREAM, CAKE (Chocolate)! I suppose those things continue on, but somehow they aren't as exciting as they were years ago. Happy Birthday, these days, reminds me of how quickly life is passing, how faithful of a God I have; and chocolate cake (that's probably permanent)

There are certain days where I sense some type of inspiration to chart my journey in some way. Whether it is my birthday or the beginning of a new year, I think about, or actually start, writing in some type of journal. I guess, this year, I advanced technologically in my thinking; and after some late night pizza, decided to start blogging. Normally, my journaling activity lasts anywhere from a couple of days to a month or so. I usually think it will last a lot longer. This time around, I've decided to take it a day at a time and see what happens - how is that for strategic planning!

As for the name of my blog, I will explain that in my next post. I don't expect anyone to actually read these things, but if you are, let me first say - sorry! Secondly, let me say - thanks. I am pretty sure there is atleast one person who will read this - hi mom! Somehow I sense that she had a lot to do with what took place 41 years ago today; and probably wishes that I would share more of what is going on in my heart and life - at least more than I have shared in the past several years. So, mom, hope you enjoy!

Finally, let me say that I have no idea what I am doing. Those of you who actually understand blogging and what can be done on a site like this can be of great assistance to me. Please feel free to give me some ideas - keep it simple for my simple, fading mind please!

Enjoy this day - the next day of your wonderful journey.
Time to go eat cake!

No comments: