Monday, July 27, 2009

Where's my notes?

About 2 minutes before I was to get up to speak yesterday, I lost my notes. I had written them on 3x5 cards, and placed them in a small, borrowed Bible. The problem was, is that I had just grabbed a box of those same Bibles to have handed out to everyone who attended our service out at the beach. As soon as we got all the Bibles on the table, I realized I put my Bible, with my notes inside it, somewhere in that pile. I suppose I could have learned something by going up there without my notes; but thankfully as I tore through the stack of Bibles, I found it just in time.

Yesterday, Grace Baptist in Westlake joined with New Community Baptist of Strongsville, to hold church at the Beach. It was an incredible experience. Many of our people brought friends, and there were many there that did yet know about the love of Jesus personally. It was a little difficult preaching in the open air, with 365 spread out, and other groups and parties behind us making noise. My wife told me she never heard me scream like that before.

But, in my opinion, the greatest thing about the day, was the baptisms. New Community baptized 7 and we baptized 7. It was great to read their testimonies and see them identify with Jesus Christ, expressing their commitment to Him. Also, some of the parents were able to baptize their kids, and I loved seeing that!

The only terrible thing about the day, is that I had to spend 3 hours that afternoon on the beach. I hate the beach. But, my wife loves it, my kids love it, so...I guess I should love it to. Go ahead, throw some sand in my eyes!

No comments: