Saturday, July 5, 2008

DID I BLOW ON YOUR FOOD TOO?

I guess I need to send out a world wide apology. My wife, Teresa, informed me not too long ago that I have a bad habit of blowing on people's food while sitting at dinner. This surprised and alarmed me when she first told me. It couldn't be - I wouldn't do that!.. would I? Then, it happened. One night, Teresa looked at me (we were sitting across from one another) at our family meal and announced: You just did it - you blew on my food. And it dawned on me - I'm a food blower! How can it be? My parents didn't raise me to blow on other people's food!

Somewhere along the line, I picked up this habit. I take a deep breath, and almost like a sigh, but only with a slight blowing noise, I let out my breath. Apparently, it travels all the way across a table, in the vicnity of other people's food...all without my noticing what I am doing. So, that brings me back to my world wide apology. This may not be a new thing. What if I have been blowing on other people's food for decades!

So, to all of you that have been victims of my food blowing, I apologize. If you would like a personal apology, you can call me up, describe in detail the adverse affects my food blowing has had on your life - and I will ask your forgiveness personally. Next time you are eating with me, and you see me take the deep breath, don't feel shy about shouting out a warning (as though you see a volcano about to erupt): COVER YOUR FOOD...HE'S ABOUT TO BLOW!

My name is Greg Whiting, and I am a food blower

No comments: