Thursday, November 6, 2008

GOD CHOSE OBAMA

I truly believe this. I'm not a Democrat, but I truly believe this. God Chose Obama to be the next President of the United States. I believe that every baby conceived was created by God and should be protected - I am pro-life- but I believe that Obama, who is not pro-life, is God's man for today. I believe God's Word is clear about sensitive issues such as homosexuality: that although I love people who are homosexual, I do not have to agree with them. In fact, I can stand with God's Word which says that lifestyle is against God's ways. Obama does not believe that; and may even pursue special rights for that group, treating it the same as the important issue of equal rights for minorities (race). However, I still believe that God elected Obama. I have grown up learning the Republican ideals and am still a Republican today. But, I believe that God's choice for our Country is Obama.



WHY?


Because I fully believe what the Scriptures teach:
Daniel 4:35 – “All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, What you have done?”

Isaiah 55:8 – “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.

Psalm 115:3 – “Our God is in the heavens; he does all that he pleases.”

Psalm 75:7 – “But it is God who executes judgment, putting down one and lifting up another.”

Daniel 2:21 – “…Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might…He removes kings and sets up kings…”

God is the One who does these things: according to His own purposes, He puts rulers in positions of authority and He takes them down. We vote (at leat we should), but God determines the outcome. Even when people are voted in that we do not agree with, we need to remember that God is still at work when we do not understand.

The best biblical example I know from the Old Tetament is when Pharoah was in power in Egypt, after Joseph died (who had saved the people of Israel from extinction). Pharoah enslaved God's people and God was going to bring 10 plagues on Egypt, until Pharoah let His people go. But, listen carefully to what God said to Pharoah, through his servant Moses:

Exodus 9:16 – “But for this purpose I have raised you up, to show you my power, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth.”

God put Pharoah in that position, so that God's glory and purposes could be accomplished!
Things have not changed. Regardless of my opinion, God has placed in leadership HIS choice; and that is the best for everyone - always!

Obama has made history by becoming our first black president. That is great. He overcame odds, being very inexperienced in the political arena. I like underdogs. He is a very polished communicator. I like people who can deliver a message effectively. He seems to be compassionate and even tempered. I like that. He claims to have trusted in Jesus Christ for his salvation. That sounds good. I have as well.

I don't agree with our President Elect on many things; but I agree with him on this: God has chosen him to be our President. Therefore, I will pray for Him. I will respect the position God has placed him in. I like what I saw on Fox News last night. General Tommy Franks, a conservative and former central command for our military gave a great response to Obama being elected President. He said that he fully expects the military to respond to Obama with respect as our new Commander-in-Chief. They will honor him as President and they will follow his orders. I thought that was great. I will honor him as well, as the Bible clearly tells us to.

My trust in not in our goverment or supreme court or some piece of legislation. My trust is fully placed on God. He has made His choices for this election term, and I fully believe this will lead to God's will being accomplished. All praise and glory go to Him!

No comments: