Sunday, June 14, 2009

THE FAMILY THAT PLAYS TOGETHER................

I can only complete that phrase based on our most recent family soccer game.

The Family that plays together...

  • takes forever getting ready to go out of the house, in order to play
  • has to think ahead to how tired and cranky everyone might be after the game and be prepared
  • must bring enough water, snacks or money for a treat afterward
  • pushes the brother/sister aside to get to that all important soccer ball
  • cries if they are not getting passed to often enough
  • spends more time arguing about what the teams should be than actually playing the game
  • has a lot of bumps and bruises to show for it!

I'm not sure that is how the phrase is supposed to be completed; but this is probably only true of my family. I will say this: I wouldn't give up our family soccer games for anything! In between the crying, yelling, pushing and scratching, I hear the laughter, see the smiles, the little accomplishments, the attempts at teamwork, and the exhaustion that comes from running non-stop for a couple hours. I am glad God placed me in this family, with all of our imperfections and struggles. We probably won't be competing for the world cup anytime soon; but I can almost guarantee we are going to have a lot of fun together the next time we walk on the field (or limp on, in my case!)

No comments: