Thursday, October 8, 2009

Quote for the Day

I'm not really into pithy sayings, or many of the forwarded e-mails I receive, with the note: This is the greatest thing ever written! You must pass this onto your entire e-mail list if you want to be blessed. I usually delete those pretty quickly. But, yesterday morning, a person who attends our church gave me a note that she saw and was encouraged by herself. I share it with you, since it fit for what I needed on that day:

GOOD MORNING, THIS IS GOD
I will be handling all of your problems today.
I will not need your help.
So, relax and have a great day!

I had to take off my theological hat, so that I don't tear down this saying and look for all the problems in it. Instead, I just accepted it from this church member, saw it as God's message for me for that day; and a huge burden lifted off my shoulders. It just so happened that I had been quite burdened; and unbeknownst to me, later in the day, more burdens were to come.

I hope this will be an encouragement to you, for whatever you may face today.

No comments: