Friday, November 6, 2009

What's on the radio at 5:15 AM?

To those of you who may be reading this, that are feeling a little lonely, or a little lost right now...to those of you who feel the weight of some burden that is coming down on your shoulders, wtih no relief in sight...to those of you who are experiencing enough deception that you are starting to question the truth...to those of you who woner if you're going to make it...

Let me just share the lyrics of the first 2 songs I heard when I turned on the radio at 5:15 this morning:

Voice of Truth - by Casting Crowns
Oh what I would do to have the kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone into the realm of the unknown
Where Jesus is and He's holding out His hand
But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me time and time again: Boy, you'll never win! You'll never win!

Chorus: But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have the kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling meTime and time again. "Boy you'll never win!""You'll never win!"

But the stone was just the right size to put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high from on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles when I stop and listen to the sound of JesusSinging over me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin
Great is Your faithfulness oh God You wrestle with the sinner's heart
You lead us by still waters and to mercy And nothing can keep us apart
So remember Your people Remember Your children Remember Your promise Oh God
Your grace is enough Your grace is enough Your grace is enough for me

Great is Your love and justice God You use the weak to lead the strong
You lead us in the song of Your salvation And all Your people sing along
So remember Your people Remember Your children Remember Your promise Oh God
Your grace is enough Your grace is enough Your grace is enough for me

So remember Your people Remember Your children Remember Your promise Oh God
Your grace is enough Your grace is enough Your grace is enough for me Your grace is enough Heaven reaching down to us Your grace is enough for me God I see your grace is enough
I'm covered in your love Your grace is enough for me For me

No comments: