Friday, December 31, 2010

To Heaven in 2011?

What if Jesus returns in 2011? What if my life ends in 2011?
With these possibilities in mind, I want to enter this New Year with the following resolutions:

1. I will give thanks to God, regardless of my circumstances
I Thessalonians 5:18: "Give thanks in all circumstances; or this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

2. I will pray, and then pray again, and then pray some more
I Thessalonians 5:17 - "Pray without ceasing"

3. I will pursue joy, rejoicing every day for who God is and what He has done
Philippians 4:4 - "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice."

4. I will not be ashamed of the one thing that can change a person's eternity
Romans 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

5. I will make my last days all about God and His glory
Acts 20:24 - "But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

6. I will discipline my children, in love, and train them in God's ways
Ephesians 6:4 - "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."

7. I will not boast about myself, but I will boast about God
Jeremiah 9:23,24 - "Thus says the LORD: Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD."

8. I will keep singing new songs about God and point people to Him
Psalm 40:3 - "He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD."

9. I will forget the past and press ahead to what God has called me to do, for His glory, in the future
Philippians 3:12-14 - "Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, i press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

10. I will fear God and strive to obey Him, in everything
Ecclesiastes 12:13 -"The end of the mater; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."

No comments: