Thursday, March 10, 2011

NO TASTE, LESS FILLING

My apologies to those of you too young to recognize the play on words in my title, from an old beer commercial. And now, my apologies to those who are offended by my use of a beer commercial for my blog entry title. Actually, I take that last apology back...my blog, my title choice. So there, to all 3 of you who read my blog!

About a month ago, my son got sick, and eventually, once his sickness was almost gone, we found out he had whooping cough. My wife and daughter got sick as well, but mainly with cold symptoms that have not progressed. I finally got the bug, whatever it is, although I am very thankful it has not yet developed into a bad cough.

However, with my present cold, which hit me hard at the beginning of this week, left me without many taste buds. I figured it out when I ate my favorite burger and couldn't taste it. I think I take the sense of taste for granted. I am learning and growing, in the midst of a cold!
So, for 2 days, I didn't eat anything except 2 oranges, drinking water and taking pills. Stuff is coming up and things are coming out, so hopefully we are looking at the end of it. We will see.

But, I figured something else out. The most effective diet plan I have ever been on in my life is this one: sickness. Nothing tastes good and I don't want to make it worse; so I don't eat much. That is the less filling part! My wife asked me if I was going to do what I did last time I got sick. I entered an exercise program and lost 45 pounds all together in 3 months. I told her that I had no plan on doing that again (that program almost killed me - that's another story!).
My one and only diet plan, for now, is the one I'm on: No Taste, Less Filling sickness plan.

I can't wait to eat again...and to taste my food!
Here is hoping you are enjoying every bite, of whatever you are eating, today.
Because tomorrow, you might have no choice but to enter my weight lose program!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I think there are 4 of us that read your blog. My wife would read it too, but your beer references offend her. Then again, your blog, your title! Just kidding. :) Cu Sunday.