Monday, June 13, 2011

OOPS!

One of the inherent challenges and frustrations that pastors face is that we are forever making mistakes in things we say. Because we are talking, every week, for 40 minutes or so, we are bound to blow it...often. I guess I shouldn't speak for all other pastors, but I blow it often. And depending on your audience, they might twist your words, be offended by your words, mock your words, or just ignore them. Thankfully,when I "blew" it yesterday, the crowd at Grace gave me a break. 3 different people came up to me and asked me if I really meant what I said:

"All BELIEVERS will either spend eternity in Heaven or Hell."
And it wasn't that I just said it, but that I had also typed it that way and a slide of it was on the screen for everyone to see.
OOPS!

The real danger of it, of course, is that those who do not know what the Bible says may think I was saying that people who have already believed in Jesus might lose their salvation. Hopefully, the earlier statement about all believers being assured of their salvation made them realize that I must have used the wrong word here. I meant to say: "Every person will either spend eternity in Heaven or Hell."

So, sorry to all I confused
Thanks to all who corrected me.
And thanks to God, for allowing me to keep preaching, as I keep messing it up!

No comments: