Tuesday, June 19, 2012

FIRST THINGS FIRST

On Sunday, Father's Day, I attended my first NASCAR race, along with my dad and brother. I will blog about that later. However: FIRST THINGS FIRST

Yesterday, I celebrated 18 years with the most beautiful, wonderful, godly woman ever - my wife, Teresa!
Outside of my relationship with Jesus Christ, Teresa is the most important person in my life. And since I missed being home for Father's Day, there was no way I was missing the next day: our anniversary. We dropped the kids off at camp (their first time); and headed to Amish Country, just me and T. God's timing is always perfect. He knew we needed this time together.

Sometimes, as the years go on, it might be easy to take one another for granted. But, I think, in times of stress - especially - I realize just how important, and what a blessing it is to have a life partner like T. After losing my most recent ministry job, which was heartbreaking, we are now immersed in the stress of a job search and trying to sell our home. And even though we are under contract, there are many details upcoming that may derail it. Add onto that the fact that my wife is releasing her kids to strangers for a week, for the first time, and you have quite a bit of stress coming together.

And God has given us each other - to pray together - to hold each other - to encourage, lift up, support and to experience everything together. I am truly blessed, to have Teresa in my life, to walk through this brief journey with me. So, as she gets some extra sleep this morning, I now need to spend some time with God, to be ready to spend the rest of today with my friend, my lover.............................................my wife.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

No comments: