Thursday, June 14, 2012

What did your phone just say?

So, I'm standing in the bank, at a counter in the corner, filling out my deposit slip. A guy is standing next to me, doing the same. All of a sudden, I hear his phone SAY: "you have a __________ing text." And then it said it again. In other words, that was his ringtone: a female, computerized voice shouting an obscenity! I couldn't believe my ears. I know phones can do a lot these days; but I have never heard one swear. The guys said "oops" and turned off the "ringer." A little too late my friend. I don't want to be prejudice or anything, but he did have a construction shirt on. I was trying to think of why someone would have that kind of ringtone that everyone else is going to hear. I mean: is he really at the construction site, impressing his construction buddies with his obscenity laden ringtone? It "rings" and all his buddies are echoing "cool man"! Really? I guess, if anything, I won't be as critical when I hear all of the lame ringtones out there on everyone else's phones. At least they don't swear at me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting....NASCAR race? Fill me in on your thoughts! :)