Monday, December 24, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS...AND CALEB...AND GABRIELLE

The popular thing among many Christians is to talk about Christmas as Jesus' birthday, although I haven't heard any true biblical scholar tell me that December 25th is even close to when Jesus was born. However, it is an awesome thing, for Jesus' followers, to be able to focus on Him, rather than just on the buying and wrapping and giving and receiving of gifts...for ourselves. It is a honor to remind my family that Jesus is the the one who gave the greatest gift ever; and it is only because of His great sacrifice, that we have anything eternal to celebrate. The gifts we have from Him are those that cannot be purchased, stolen or broken.

And because of the work Jesus has done, we can also truly celebrate the other amazing gifts He has given; such as our children. Caleb and Gabrielle just turned 12 a couple days ago...incredible. It has been a wonderful blessing to see them grow; although both Teresa and I would agree that it just seems too fast! But, by God's grace, they have been growing, fairly healthy, and products of His mercy. They both demonstrate a desire to walk with Jesus; and I can't think of a better gift than to have children that love Him!

So, today, on Christmas Eve, I celebrate the growing lives of Caleb and Gabrielle; and thank God for these amazing gifts. I pray that God will give me another year of watching and helping them grow in Him. And, most of all, I celebrate the birth of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Without Him, I have nothing...I am nothing. With Him, I have everything; and I am an heir of His...incredible!

Happy Birthday Jesus...and Caleb...and Gabrielle!

No comments: