Sunday, December 9, 2012

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

It finally happened: all that work I put in...the long hours practicing...being the last one out of the facility...it was all worth it. We can't talk, yet anyway, about the hall of fame; but one thing is for certain; and no one can take it away from me: I am the Rookie of the Year! Just think back through all the names of those who have had that honor. Some of them have turned out to be the greatest athletes of all time. Will that happen for me? I don't know. Tomorrow, it's back to the gym and more practice, working harder than anyone else. But, for today, it's time to celebrate this incredible accomplishment!

So, what did you win Rookie of the Year for? The NBA, NFL, MLB, fastest growing business? What was it? Well, um...it was Rookie of the Year for my fast food, I mean quick service restaurant.
All the fast food restaurants of the country? No. Of the state? No. Of your city? No. Just my quick service restaurant. Are you the only one who won that award in your restaurant? Stop asking so many questions. Just let me bask in whatever glory is left (now that you've ruined it!)

I highly recommend to any readers, that you only read the first paragraph of this entry. It's the best one, by far, out of the two; and for some reason, I just like it much better!

p.s. anyone desiring my autograph can send an old carry out bag from the one and only quick service restaurant (you know which one); and I'd be happy to sign it Rookie of the Year!...as long as you promise to not put it up on e-bay in some kind of get rich quick scheme...........

No comments: