Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Passion

God has given every one of us a passion for something. He has gifted us for a particular purpose. He has called us to do something for Him that would be impossible without His calling and provision. Recently, I have been focusing on a particular verse in the book of Colossians; and I have realized that the passion God has given me is all about what this verse describes:

"Him we proclaim, warning everyone, and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ." - Colossians 1:28

This fits with my life mission: "My dream is to help people take the next step in their spiritual journey."
This is why I have a great passion to be a pastor again, so that this is what I can devote myself to full-time. I don't of any greater privilege, then to pastor a group of people, and help them grow in Christ. Not only that, but I get to help a group of people see others come to Christ and we all get to help them grow as well.

More than just sharing the gospel and seeing people saved, discipleship is about the entire process of helping people become more fully devoted followers of Christ. My desire is to keep maturing in Christ until He takes me home; and until then, I want to help as many people as possible take their next steps toward Christ as well. As far as I am concerned, there is no greater way to spend one's life. No matter where we are, or what we do for a "living", we can take the next step in our spiritual journey, and help someone else do the same. We can all live out the truth and challenge of Colossians 1:28.

No comments: