Thursday, May 23, 2013

THANK YOU CHICK-FIL-A

God has answered our prayers; and after 10 months of living in the Atlanta, Ga area with family, we are moving back to Ohio and I am taking on the role of Lead Pastor once again. But, before we "move on" and just focus on where we are going, I want to pause and thank God for where we have been. Teresa's brother has been awesome, as their family has allowed us to live with them; and God has really done some pretty amazing things over this past year. One that sticks out in my mind and heart today, is the blessing of Chick-fil-a.

Today was my last day at work, and it was a bitter/sweet day. I am so excited about following God's call back into pastoral ministry; but I will miss my chick-fil-a family, and am so grateful for their part in my life this year. Kevin, the owner/operator, has been incredible, in hiring me and being so kind throughout the process. The managers, team leaders, and team members have all been so welcoming and a joy to work with the entire time. I saw how God can use a business, to really care about people, and serve their community - for the glory of God.

Over these months, as I awaited God's next call, I was able to immerse myself in the chick-fil-a family, and it was a great blessing. Here are some of the things I am most thankful for:
1) A company that does not shy away from their mission statement that is about the glory of God.
2) An owner that truly loves his employees; and continually finds ways to demonstrate that love.
3) Team leaders and managers who also care, and are all about training, customer service and excellence. They really want everyone to grow and succeed.
4) Lots of laughter and fun in this working environment
5) To go to work each day, and not dread it. It was, sincerely, a joy to work there.

May God bless Chick-fil-a, Kevin, and all my wonderful friends at our store in Canton, Ga. And if you are ever traveling close by, stop off on exit 20 off of interstate 575, in Canton, ,GA; and perhaps you will see just a glimpse of what I am talking about. God has used this Chick-fil-a family in a special time in my life; and for that I am forever grateful.

No comments: