Monday, November 26, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I did write this on Thanksgiving morning and then forgot to post it! But, I guess we can be thankful, even if its not technically Thanksgiving.

Today is just another holiday for most. It is time off of work, time for football, time for family, and time to eat and eat and eat some more. Time to consider the God centered beginnings of our nation or time to reflect on God Himself – not much time for that – for most. Then again, what do I expect? People who are not followers of Christ are going to focus on the temporal and natural.

But, for those of us who do follow Christ, Thanksgiving is an opportunity to corporately remember all that God has done. Of course, it is a reminder that every day is to be a day of thanksgiving and praise to our God – for who He is and what He has done. But, today is a great day to reflect on God’s mercies and faithfulness.

Today, I am thankful for:
· My relationship with Jesus Christ
· Teresa, my wife – my lover, my friend, the greatest mom in the world
· My parents – mom and dad, who have always loved me and follow Christ faithfully
· Children – Alex, Isabella, Breanna, Caleb and Gabrielle – all unique gifts of God, with differing personalities and abilities.
· God’s Word – It is my guide for life, giving His wisdom each day
· The Holy Spirit, who convicts me daily and comforts me in this life
· The people of Grace – God has truly blessed me with people in our ministry who love Him and love us unconditionally

My Prayer:
God, may I live in a constant attitude of thanksgiving. May I always remember to thank and praise you for your character and your works. Don’t let me ever think that I am the one who bring about anything good, but that “every good and perfect gift comes from above”. May your glory be known through me and throughout the world.

AMEN!

No comments: