Friday, February 5, 2010

PSALM 42 paraphrase

As a dog that has been running all day, trying to survive, never stopping, never eating or drinking; and now, at the end of the day, just longing for a drink of water - so my soul is in need of you, God - right now.


I need you - I want to be with you - now


I seem to be crying a lot - what is that all about? What others are saying makes me feel all that much more alone.


I think of the desires of my heart, in serving you and leading others to honor you - it was my joy and I was grateful for the opportunity


Why am I so discouraged because of my circumstances? Why am I so down? I need to place my hope in God, not people. I need His presence.


God, I feel alone and am in a deep pit. I am reaching out to you, thinking about you, needing you.


I want your love to overwhelm me, and refresh me


You are the God of my life. I will sing to you, in the darkest hours


I will continue to cry out to you and tell you how I feel - how attacked I feel, by those who have made themselves my enemies


They seem to taunt me, with statements and expectations that are not true or cannot be met. Somehow it seems as though they are leaving you and your grace completely out of the picture

What do I have to be discouraged about? Nothing. I have God. That is all I need. I will look to Him. I will praise Him. I will hope in Him. My trust in Him and full dependence on Him will allow me to smile, to love, to keep going.

No comments: