Saturday, November 3, 2012

DEAR ANONYMOUS

I have often heard the stories, from speakers, who explain how they needed a certain amount of money; and after praying, God brought what they needed - usually the exact amount - in amazing ways. I have also been an eye witness, in our own family, of how God has provided for us, again and again, without us really knowing how He was going to do it - and many times from unexpected sources. It is a blessing to bless others, and to thank others who have blessed us. But, I really appreciate the "anonymous" gift. When I have been able to bless someone in some way, without them knowing who I am, it has been a special blessing just to serve without reward or recognition from man.

This week, our family, once again, received the undeserved blessing from God; but this time, it was through an anonymous giver. We received a note in the mail, handwritten and addressed to each one in our family. It communicated a concern that God would bless us as we see what He has for us. Included in the note was a handful of cash. I won't tell you how much, and I'm thinking the anonymous person probably doesn't want you to know; and may not even like me writing about him/her. However, since he/she is anonymous, I think they're safe in the telling of this story. What I can say is it was an incredible blessing as cash is pretty sparse right now and our expenses (even in living with family) are higher than my income. God blessed us in a special way and all real praise goes to Him (as always)!

But, I would like to take a moment, just in case Mr./Mrs. anonymous gets around to reading this blog entry, to thank you "Mr." anonymous. I was thinking about what I would say to you if I knew who you were; and I figured I should tell you these things anyway.

Dear Anonymous,
Thank you so much for the note and gift you sent to our family this week! It was unexpected, undeserved, but very much appreciated. I don't know your situation, but I am guessing that you don't just have a bunch of cash sitting around that you are looking to get rid of. Your gift represents some kind of sacrifice on your part, in some way, I am sure. Thank you for thinking of us, finding our address, writing the note and including such a generous gift.

We have been depending on God to provide everything we need. I am working hard at a job, and working hard to find other work that might allow us to pay all our bills and get out on our own someday. In the meantime, we have been greatly blessed by family and friends who have sought to meet our needs in special ways, at just the right time. We don't know who you are, but you are counted as one of our dear friends, as you have stepped forward to be God's hands in caring for us at this time.
THANK YOU!

Lord, please bless this anonymous giver. Re-pay him/her with more blessings than he/she could ever imagine; and may all glory go to you. Please use him/her in others lives, to be a blessing to them as he/she has been a blessing to us. And may we remember that as we have been blessed, we can bless others. Thanks you, Lord, for you are the one who has provided for us; and have used this special person in our lives.

So, anonymous, may God bless you; and may you continue to walk closely with Him. We will not forget your kindness.

The Whiting Family

No comments: