Thursday, November 22, 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I heard someone the other day talk about the holidays and their significance. One person was saying that it is about remembering God and what He has done for us. But, the others were focusing on family and eating and football and buying gifts. People talk about being thankful, at least on Thanksgiving, but they don't always have a person that they know (God), to whom they can pour out their thanks. For those of us who are followers of Jesus, we know where everything we have and enjoy comes from; and  we know who deserves our thanks.

Lord, thank you for being you. You are the one and only God, the faithful Lord, the Creator of the Universe; and the lover of my soul. Only in you, does everyone and everything receive their life and breath; and even a reason to live. You are love, you are full of grace and mercy; and your love endures forever. You defeated sin and death; and because of that victory, we can have victory, and eternal life as well. You deserve all praise!

Thank you for my physical life, but more so for my spiritual life. My days are numbered and will be over soon. But, then I get to live with you forever. Thank you! Thank you for saving me, and for fulfilling your promise to keep working on me and in me throughout my days. Thanks for your Holy Spirit who is sanctifying me, convicting me and teaching me your ways. Thanks for your Word, to guide me, to encourage and comfort me, regardless of my circumstances. Thank you for every moment of every day, in which I have to enjoy your blessings and to live for you.

And thank you, Lord, for my family. Thank you for a wife that loves you, me and our children. Thank you for all the blessings I have received in knowing and loving her. Thank you for my children, who are each growing in their own way; and coming to love you more and more. Thank you for the privilege of leading them; and for their forgiveness when I do not lead very well. Thank you for all the laughter, and the sorrow, the days of this life with my family, as we walk through it together.

May you be forever praised; and may we always be thankful!

No comments: