Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bible Reading

Psalm 86:1-3 - "Incline your ear, O LORD, and answer me, for i am poor and needy. Preserve my life, for I am godly; save your servant, who trusts in you - you are my God. Be gracious to me, O Lord, for to you do I cry all the day."

Psalm 86:5 - "For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you."

Psalm 86:8 - "There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours."

Psalm 86:11,12 - "Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my hert to fear your name. I give thank to you, o Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever."

This Psalm resonates with my heart right now. I love it, because much of this is what I have been praying personally. I call out to God in desperation, because I many times feel weak, spiritually dry, and incredibly needy. I many times have no idea what to do or how to feel differently than I do. So, all through some days, I find myself crying out to God for help.

I also lean on His forgiveness. I count on that, and it revives my heart often. Without His forgiveness, I would die inside. I feel like I need it so often every day; and yet I know that truth: everyone does, even though we act as though we are fine on our own. But, God's forgiveness I something I thank and praise Him for often.

Recently, I had the opportunity to join the worship team in church; and I have been able to focus more on singing these types of praises, the one I privately rehearse on a regular basis: for how great God is, how there is none like Him; and that I am committed to glorify Him all the days of my life.

My daily prayer is contained in verse 11: Lord, please teach me your truth, I need your help. I don't want to just know the truth, but I want to live in it.

Take some time today to share your heart with our Heavenly Father; and then go live in His truth.

No comments: