Saturday, February 19, 2011

CHRISTMAS IS OVER

O.k. - Christmas is officially over, as of today. Now, we believe in the Christmas "spirit" (whatever that is) being here all year long; but there has to be some official ending to the Christmas holiday, right? For some, the day after Christmas, it is all over; but that is way too soon. For others, everything comes down by New Year's Day, and with the new year, Christmas is long forgotten. But, not for our festive family. No way. We celebrated up until today, February 19th (do we get the prize?)!

So, how do you know Christmas is now officially over? Well, it was today that the outside lights (old school, big bulbed, colored lights by the way) came down. How sad. That's o.k. It had to send sometime, right? So today was the day. The lights came down and Christmas is now over. Good news: only 9 months (thanksgiving time) until the lights go back up!

Before you recommend my family for Christmas family of the year, I suppose I should tell you one more thing: The lights came down today, instead of January 1st, because I could actually feel my toes and I wasn't afraid of the ladder slipping on ice, doing damage to my fragile body...and my Christmas spirit!

No comments: