Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My wife is laughing at me

I have no doubt. Do I hear her laughing? No. Do I actually see her laughing now? No. Oh, but she is laughing at me...no doubt. How do I know? Because we are in the middle of a winter storm and she is sunning herself in Florida as she visits her parents. No, I'm not bitter. Since last week, she has been by herself, in Florida, visiting her parents and 2 of her sisters; while I have been here, working and taking care of 5 children! Can I get any "oh, poor Greg" empathy statements from any of you?

I have to cook and clean, set schedules and discipline and let out the dog and go grocery shopping and wake everyone up and do everything else. If you didn't give me any "oh, poor Greg" comments before, can I get a "you are the dad of the year" nomination from you, at least?
Poor Teresa is enduring the hot Florida sun, getting no opportunities to hear 5 children argue at the same time, and having no chance to shovel snow or go sledding. She must be mourning the day she was born!

So, as my wife laughs at me (at least on the inside), I put on my hat and gloves, and my apron, take out the ice scraper and the laundry soap, and boldly declare: No problem...I got this...I can do this all by myself! [Of course, what I am really thinking is: babe - I am living and I can do this, for a while; but I miss you, we need you; and I can't wait for you to come home!]

But, since no one can see what I'm thinking, I'll say this: "Can't fly home because of the storm honey? Go ahead: stay a couple extra days: because I'm all over it! Dad's rule!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get a life Greg. Sometime you have to get up and see how your wife takes care of the household, while your wife is away caring for someone else . No big deal