Friday, October 14, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

Since I am now married to a mom, I get a closer view of what moms go through. And they go through a lot. Unfortunately, the children for whom they labor and love don't seem to appreciate it very much, or know how to show that appreciation...until they are grown. It is not that children don't, deep down, appreciate mom; but it seems to go against natural tendency for the children to really "get it" until they are older. That has continually reminded me that I probably took all mom did for granted, in my growing up years. For the past several years, however, I have been forever grateful for mom, who she is and all she has done. But, much of my praise has been within my own heart; when what I really need to do is tell her.

So, mom, let me just say that you are incredible. You have given your life to God, to love dad, and to love us, sacrificially. You still do that today, even though we now have our own families. I cannot say enough how special you and all that you mean to me. I am sorry I did not do a good enough job over the years telling you so. At least I don't remember doing so...enough. Your faithfulness and loyalty is unparalleled; and I have never doubted your love for me. You taught me many things growing up; but the most important things you taught me was just by your life: humbly serving those around you.

Have a wonderful birthday mom - you deserve it!
Greg

No comments: