Saturday, October 22, 2011

I LOST 21 POUNDS AND HAVE A BIGGER BUTT

Do you wonder how that could happen? It doesn't normally, I suppose, but it happened to me.
About a month ago, I heard about a contest being put on by Fit Me Up, a fitness group that is run by members of our church: Paul and Amber Theodore. We are honored to be the host site for many of their classes. They work with children and adults alike, to help them with fitness, but not just the physical. They are desiring to help people completely, in mind and body, as they also live out their relationship with Jesus in front of them. It is the total package. As they say on their website: "It's more than just fitness: it's a way of life." Let me encourage you to look them up:
www.fitmeupfitness.com

So, back to my bigger butt. The night before the 3 week contest began, my wife was really encouraging me to enter. It was a 3 week contest, to see who could lose the highest percentage of body weight in that amount of time. The idea, I think, was to motivate us to eat and exercise well, and then continue that lifestyle. Don't know if this had anything to do with the 21 days, but I hear it takes 21 days to learn a new habit. The timing was pretty good because I had decided I needed to do something, as I was not feeling good and definitely gaining weight.

I wasn't going to do the contest, but Teresa thought I could win and really wanted me to do it. The last thing I wanted was to not join the contest, then find out later that I would have won. So, I did it. Weighed in at 210 pounds, almost 50 pounds more than when I married my sweetheart some years ago. I think she was hoping I might lose some weight as well. Fit Me Up helped me stay with the plan to get things in order. So, with God's help, I disciplined myself for 3 weeks and did the best I could. I didn't really expect to win, but I knew this would help me in an important area. So, in the 3 weeks, I lost 21 pounds. I pray I won't put it all back on in the next 3 weeks!

So, how did I lose 21 pounds but get a bigger butt? Well, I ended up winning the contest. That means I take the prize money, put it in my wallet, and then in my back pocket, gives me a heavier, bigger butt...Got it?

No comments: