Friday, January 4, 2008

Bible Reading Today

Genesis 8:1 - "But God remembered Noah...and made a wind blow over the earth, and the waters subsided."

It wasn't that God was busy doing something and all of a sudden, he thought: "oh yeah, I forgot about Noah down there with the stinky animals in the ark!" No, He knew all along what was going on. But, this was the way that God wanted us to know that He was ready to act. When He "remembers", He acts on our behalf. His action here was to begin to dry up the water from the earth so that Noah, his family and the animals could come on dry ground again.

Matthew 4 - One of the things that impresses my heart the most with Jesus' temptations is that he fought them off with the quoting of Scripture. This was His weapon and His defense. For me, it means I have to know the Word of God well enough, to hide it in my heart. This will allow it to come to mind in times of temptation.

No comments: