Tuesday, April 20, 2010

DAY 2 - Extreme Faith Workout

This morning, I am pumped up. Why, you ask? Two things. First, I spent time with God, in prayer and reading through the book of James. I am taking the challenge that I have given everyone in our church, as we work through the book of James. It is the extreme faith workout, which can be found at www.gbcwestlake.org

So, first, I have been challenge, already, by the book of James, especially the passages in chapter 3 that speak about the tongue; and as I have begun preparing to preach on James 1:5-12 this coming Sunday, I am seeing the connection between the use of our tongues and the application of true wisdom. The purpose of our church fits very well into what can be accomplished in James: helping people take the next step in their spiritual journey.

The second thing I am pumped up about this morning is that I just a had a meeting with a guy who is interested in men's ministry. God has placed it on his heart that he wants a place for men to go, where they can share their lives with one another and grow together in Christ. That fires me up!

God is at work: in me, in some individuals, in our church.
I just want to be a part of what God is doing.
And one of the main things I can do, is to make sure that, every day, I am pursuing Christ and taking my next step toward Him.

No comments: