Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 6 - a commitment statement

I know it is dangerous to "swear" something, even according to James - to promise to do something, as it relates to God, and then to not follow through with it. It is better not to make such a promise in the first place. So, with this commitment statement, that is included in the extreme faith workout for applying the book of James (www.gbcwestlake.org), it is important to be communicated as a desire, trying to pursue it with God's help. Here is my statement:

It is my desire to approach trials in a godly and biblical way. When something difficult happens in my life (and this includes even "smaller" things), I first need to evaluate my heart and ask God if "there is any unconfessed sin", for which I am under discipline. After that, I need to apply the truths in the book of James. This is my commitment:

I will work hard to see my trials in a joyful way, because I know that God has allow them to make me more like His Son. I will not try to "handle them" in my own power, but I will cry out to God and ask for His wisdom, so that I can "remain under" (endure) through the trials. I will not make it my highest priority to get out of the pain, but to grow in Christ through the pain.

No comments: