Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 8 - value of wisdom

James 1:5 - "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all men generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him."

In connection with my trials, I have to have wisdom from God in order to endure through them. It is a blessing to know that God is willing and ready to give it to me, without condemnation, in abundance, if I will just ask. I don't know how to handle trials in my own strength. I must have God's wisdom to navigate them.

Proverbs 2:1-17 is all about the pursuit of wisdom and its benefits. The motivation for pursuing wisdom includes: seeing it as though you are searching for hidden treasure. The same effort we would give for finding gold or silver in our backyard should be matched and even greater, to find the wisdom from God; if we seek for it, it will help us understand God to a greater degree; and put us in a better position to receive all that God has promised.

The benefits for having wisdom include: the knowledge of God being sweeter; a better understanding of justice and what it means to be righteous; the protection of God; guidance through life; deliverance from the consequences of wickedness.

May I have the heart to pursue God's wisdom in this way!

No comments: