Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 84 - thinking about James 4:13-17

Faith Extreme Workout
www.gbcwestlake.org

James 4:13-17 was the text for my message last week, and the extreme workout assignment for today was to listen to last week's message. Interestingly enough, God used that passage of Scripture in my life in a different way today. I had the opportunity to share it with someone I was counseling, helping to see God's plan in their trouble. Because God had led me to study this passage, to study it, prepare a message from it, apply it and preach it, I was fairly familiar with it.

I was thankful to share some truths, as it relates to their particular problems, from this great passage of Scripture. Some of the few principles that come from this passage that really apply to all of us and circumstances we may be going through are as follows:
  • Life is short and uncertain - live it for God
  • Include God in your plans
  • Pursue the will of God with all of your heart

No comments: