Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 89 - applying James 5:1-6

Extreme Faith Workout
www.gbcwestlake.org

Does James, in 5:1-6, seem to be condemning all rich people? If so, why? If not, how can one be a good rich person?

It seems James is condemning all rich, but because he talks about specific issues, such as hoarding and how they treat others, he is referring to, most likely, the non-believing rich. Jesus said it was very difficult for the rich to enter Heaven, but not impossible with God. A good rich person is going to use his resources to further the kingdom of God.

What one warning, command, or truth from James 5:1-6 would you most like to take to heart?
The attitude of selfishness can happen to anyone, regardless of their financial status.

Lord, I need you. I need you to help me to keep my focus on you and your Kingdom. If that means I suffer loss, or have to endure injustice of any kind, I am willing to do that. I don't want my life, my ministry, to be about me. Help me never to get to that point, where I live in selfishness; and am not concerned about others. Everything I have is yours. I want to use what I have for your glory.

No comments: