Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 96 - a message on James 5:7-12

Extreme Faith Workout
www.gbcwestlake.org

This week, I have been studying James 5:7-12. This is the 2nd week of my study, since last week I studied the passage to prepare to preach it; and then this week, working through the workout I prepared, to study and apply this passage. Today, the workout is to listen to the message from last Sunday. Although it is a little strange listening to yourself talk, it is good for me to go through the message just from the standpoint of learning and applying it to my life.

Patience is the key term that stuck out to me during this message. I have always thought myself to be fairly patient; and many others, who know me well, tell me I am very patient. But, as I listen to this message, I know I need more patience, especially when I am suffering in some way. I want God to make things right....now! I want to be more patient, just trusting in Him the whole way, knowing He will do what is best, in His timing, in His way.

No comments: