Monday, April 2, 2012

Part 3: Lost My Job...Need to Find It!

While I am in transition, between jobs, I must not forget the important things God has for me to learn, and to do during this time. Even though finding a job seems to be what could consume those without work, there are actually more important things, at least in God's eyes, for us, for me, to be doing during these days. Job #1 was to pursue a closer relationship with God. Sadly, when we become consumed with anything, including joblessness, we can forget that God is our most important relationship and we need to invest in it every single day. Job #2 is to be a blessing to my family. After God, my relationship with my wife is the most important relationship, and that doesn't change just because I need a job. Stress can be higher during this time of transition, so it is crucial to remember to be kind to my family, which might include asking forgiveness for times of inconsideration. Spending more time with my family is a definite blessing from God during this time; and I need to take advantage of it.

Job #3: Find a Job
I suppose there could be other things that we could put before this part, but it seems to be in an appropriate spot in the process. With the right priorities of God and family in place, it is certainly a good investment of life to find a job. Sometimes any job will do, if there is no pay coming in at all. But, at some point, the concentration needs to be on the job God is calling me to; and one that I feel He has fit me for. In fact, it should be something I love to do; and could see myself doing for many years in the future. Again, we don't always have that luxury, but in my position, I am able to be patient and yet work toward this kind of job.

This "job", in finding a job includes many things: prayer, resume preparation and dispersal, and following up in any way that I can. I do believe that I should do everything within my ability to find the right job, still knowing that in the end, it is God that will bring the work; and He will do it in His timing and in His way. So, for now, I continue to ask God to help me fulfill all 3 jobs; and to please Him throughout this entire process. May God be glorified as I invest in these jobs; and may I remember to give Him all the glory when, at last, I am employed once again!

No comments: