Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 60 - listening to my own voice

Extreme Faith Workout
www.gbcwestlake.org

I don't know many people who like to listen to recordings of their own voice. I certainly don't. But, in following the extreme faith workout that I am encouraging others to participate in, today's assignment is to listen to last week's message that I preached from James 3:1-12. So, I have to ignore my own voice and concentrate on the message; and what my response to the message ought to be.

This message on the tongue is very challenging. Last Sunday, after I preached, someone shared with me the struggles she and her husband have with their tongues and how they wanted to apply this message to their lives. I expressed to her that I also have to apply this message to my life. We all struggle, in some way, with the us of our tongue; and I am no different. One of my goals, as a pastor and as the main teacher on Sunday mornings here at Grace, is to make sure that I am applying the message, even before I attempt to preach it to others. May God help me to NEVER lose that desire and motivation!

No comments: