Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 76 - devotion to God

Extreme Faith Workout
www.gbcwestlake.org

When I don't feel close to God, I know that it is me who is not drawing near (James 4:8). I begin to think the wrong things and get discouraged. When I follow Philippians 4:6-8, I find that I feel closer to God. When I give him my anxiety and worry, thanking Him for what He is doing, even in the stressful times, then I receive His peace. I try to focus on the thinking grid of Philippians 4:8, and when I do that, I believe I am "drawing near to God."

I am devoted to God, but I hate the fact that I keep failing, that I feel weak, and that I still sin. I know these are just parts of our journey, even for Christians, but it is still frustrating for me.

Lord, I am devoted to you. You know my sin, my weaknesses, my failures. I feel so inadequate to be the husband, father, friend and pastor you have called me to be. I need you. I am relying on you. I will step forward today, in all of these areas, trusting that you will guide me, lift me up, and be my strength and refuge. I love you, and am dedicating my day to you.

No comments: