Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 70 - friendship with the world

Extreme Faith Workout
www.gbcwestlake.org

James 4:4
What desires battle with you, against you?
Desires: to be liked; to be loved; to be told that I'm doing a good job. Desires to have everything in my life going well, to be ideal: with my wife, with my children, with my church. But, because they don't all go well, I then struggle with wrong thoughts and attitudes and actions.

Is pleasure or God the dominant concern of your life?
I want to say God because I think that is true; and yet when I sin, it seems to be all about me.

What are some of the symptoms of friendship with the world?
  • talking constantly about self
  • not listening well to others
  • focus on making as much money as possible
  • not giving or sharing with others
  • fighting and arguing about anything and everything
  • trying to live life apart from the strength and wisdom of God

No comments: