Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 72 - applying the message to myself

Extreme Faith Workout
www.gbcwestlake.org

As I listened to my message from last Sunday, I was listening for how I need to apply these truths to my life. It is easy to hear a message on Sunday and then to forget about the truths, without making them a part of our life. Those who preach are no different. As I listened to this message, I was struck with the example of Moses. He was the most humble man that lived and was considered the friend of God.

I want to be like Moses. He was called by God to lead His people and he felt incapable to do this. I can relate to that, although he had to lead 2,000,000 people and I can take away 4 zeros worth of people that I am responsible for. But, it is still overwhelming, knowing how weak I am. Moses was criticized and not listened to. He could have given up, whether it was because of his own sin or because of the sins of the people he was trying to lead.

But, he was humble before God. So, he did what God asked him to do, and he relied completely upon God to complete what God had called him to do. That is what I desire: to daily lean upon God, confessing my sins and trusting in Him to do what He has called me to do.

No comments: