Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 74 - questions about James 4:7-12

Extreme Faith Workout
www.gbcwestlake.org

How can you actively submit to God today or tomorrow?
I can pray throughout the day, trying to put everything that happens into the context of what He is doing and what He would want me to do.

In what areas do you need to resist the devil today?
I need to resist him by not getting discouraged over negative things that have been said and done to me or to our church. Instead, I need to resist Him by talking about all the incredible things God has been doing in my life and our church recently.

What do each of the following commands have to do with pride and humility?
  • "submit yourselves...to God" - put yourself under God's authority - to obey Him with the right attitude
  • "resist the Devil" - not trying to do this in my own power, but relying on God and His truth as the only way to resist
  • "come near to God and he ill come near to you" - talking to God, spending time in His Word, truly seeking Him with my whole heart - sacrificing my own desires
  • "wash your hands you sinners, and purify your hearts you double-minded" - I will confess my sins daily and seek to make my life all about pleasing Him.
  • "grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom." - I will grieve and cry, sincerely over my sin. I will hate my sin and see it the way God does.

No comments: