Thursday, July 8, 2010

WHY I DO WHAT I DO

I was reminded, this morning, as to why I do what I do.
As a pastor, I put up with a lot of ups and downs, many disappointments and quite a bit of crap (I don't like that word, but it communicates)
Many of you are in professions that face the same kind of challenges
There are times when I wonder why I keep doing this, especially when there attacks on my character and other people that let me down.
Well, God reminded me why I do what I do, this morning. It was a reminder of why I can never see myself doing anything else.
It is why I keep coming back, and deep down, absolutely love what I do.
Want to know what it is?

This morning, in the presence of myself and my wife, another woman said these words:
"Dear God, I know I am a sinner, and deserve to be separated from you forever. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose from the dead. I am placing all of my faith and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. I am giving my life to you and want to live for you. In Jesus name, Amen."

Can you think of anything greater, more exciting, than that? I can't!

That is it. That is why I am here. That is why our church is here. This is what we ought to get excited about. This is worth sacrificing our preferences for. This is why I am willing to lead and risk being criticized. It is why I count it a privilege to be a pastor. It is why I love being a pastor of this church - because God has chosen to work here, and to change people's lives - forever!

Praise be to God!

No comments: