Thursday, May 27, 2010

93-1

Isn't that an impressive number? It means 93 victories and one defeat. That is incredible! That is pure domination. You can hardly find a better percentage of victory anywhere in sports. In this particular sport, in this particular circumstance, this is what "always" happens.........................
UNTIL NOW! And normally, I would be very excited about the 93 side, amazed at how dominant this statistic really is. And yet, in this case, it is the most deflating for certain fans out there, including me, who just happen to be on the side of the 1...the 1 loss out of 94 tries. The only team to lose in this situation.

Now, granted, it hasn't actuall happened yet; but by the end of Memorial Day weekend, it will have. I just know it. I can feel it. It is fate (That is: if I actually believed in fate, it would be!).
If you are a basketball fan you have already figured it out. Up until now, when there is a NBA playoff series, best of 7, where one team goes up 3 games to zero, that team has ALWAYS won the series, eventually, 93 times. The team that goes down 3 games to zero, up until now, is 0 for 93. But, it will happen this time; and the Magic will beat my beloved Celtics. Doesn't that just ruin your Memorial Day weekend plans?

I say we take down the 17 championship banners and put up a banner of shame
So, now you have a little glimpse into my fanhood: I'm loyal but always sure we are on the brink of disaster, humiliation and going down in the record books as the only team to blow a 3 game lead in the NBA playoffs...in 94 tries!

o.k. I feel better now

No comments: