Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 21 - 3 more thoughts on James

A part of the extreme faith workout (www.gbcwestlake.org) each week has been reading, once again, through the book of James and thinking about some things from the book that have not considered in the previous readings. So, here are 3 more thoughts on James that came to me as I read through it this morning:

1. Those with nothing (the poor), who are followers of Christ, really have everything that matters.

2. If I get into an argument, quarrel, fight, etc., it doesn't matter how much I want to argue that it is the other person's fault. The quarrel comes because of my own selfish heart.

3. It is crucial that I work hard at controlling my tongue. If I do not, it can cause great damage. If I do, it brings forth great blessings.

No comments: