Saturday, May 29, 2010

BEAT L.A., BEAT L.A., BEAT L.A.

O.k. forget what I said last week about my pessimistic prediction that MY Boston Celtics were going to tank the Eastern Conference Championship against the Orlando Magic, after being up 3 games to zero. I couldn't help but default to my assumption that teams I like always find a way to crumble. However, I was wrong, thankfully, and now MY team is in the NBA championship for the 2nd time in 3 years. Although it is possible that the Phoenix Suns will win 2 games in a row to defeat the Los Angeles Lakers, it is unlikely, and the 2 teams that, together, have won about half of the championships in NBA history, will meet again to make more history together.

So, Boston, don't get the wrong idea. You are still MY team. I was just nervous, like most of your loyal fans. Now, get some extra rest this week, since you are kind of old, and get prepared to take your 18th championship banner home to Boston!

GO GREEN

No comments: