Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 24 - Psalm 119

James 1:19-21 speaks of how to receive the Word of God: in submission, in purity, and in humility. One of the greatest passages in Scripture about Scripture is Psalm 119. As I read this Psalm, here are some of the reflections of my heart, as it relates to my desire to receive God's Word correctly:

There are great blessings for those who rightly receive and obey God's Word.

God's Word is the weapon with which we fight temptation

It is the light that shows us the way, the path, in this life

It is God's: testimonies, laws, precepts, statutes, rules, commandments, ways, words

I will meditate on God's Word and allow it to fill my thoughts and rest in my heart

In loving God's Word and applying it, there is hope, there if comfort, there is encouragement, regardless of what challenges I face

closing prayer - Psalm 119:172 - "My tongue will sing of your word, for all your commandments are right."

No comments: