Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 23 - humility

The extreme faith workout (www.gbcwestlake.org) for May 14, 2010

II Chronicles 7:14 - If God's people would just humble themselves, which included seeking His help, then He would respond incredibly

Psalm 149:4 - God delivers the humble

Proverbs 3:34,35 - The humble receive the favor of God

Isaiah 66:2 - God will listen to the one and respond to the humble, which includes the one who has the Fear of the LORD

James 4:6 - God gives grace to the humble

James 4:10 - God lifts up the humble

I Peter 5:5,6 - To receive the grace and exalting from God, we are to clothe ourselves with humility

humility and relationships:
my wife - I will not respond in selfishness and anger; but consider how to show love to her

my parents - I will initiate contacts with them more often

my children - I will not use my authority to overpower them, but to lovingly discipline them and challenge them

the government - I will pray for my leaders even if I completely disagree with them

my enemies - I will listen to them and be willing to work through things

God - I will read His Word, think about it, and put it into practice

No comments: