Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 12 - Just what I needed

Day 12 of the Extreme Faith Workout (www.gbcwestlake.org) called for a 30 minute time period of prayer, broken up into two and a half minute time segments. I was able to do this as a walked around the neighborhood early this Saturday morning. One nice thing about an iphone is that as I am walking, I also have the extreme faith workout list to look at as well as a Bible!

This was just what I needed. It is way too easy for me to jump right into my day and all the things planned, the things that just have to be done, even many good things, important things, spiritual things! But, there is nothing more important, than to spend time with my Creator, my Father, my Friend, my Guide, my Counselor, my God!

I was able to pour my heart out to Him, confessing my sins, praising Him, and asking Him to do great things on the behalf of others. I took time just to listen, to allow God the Holy Spirit to use His truth in His Word to fill my mind and heart with what He wants me to think and pray about.
I was encouraged, I was refreshed, I was challenged.

No comments: