Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 27 - praying through James

www.gbcwestlake.org
Extreme Faith Workout

Chapter 1
Lord, help me to endure through the trials you bring my way. Thank you, that there is a purpose, and that you promise to bring spiritual growth through them.

I need your wisdom. I believe that you will give it to me; and I desperately need it.

I know I fail, Lord, when my flesh desires something and it leads to sin. I confess that I am weak, and yet I am committed to not being deceived. t is my fault, completely, when I sin. And when I do, I will confess it before you.

Chapter 2
Lord, help me not to worry about what others think of me. Instead, help me to treat all with the idea of how I would want to be treated.

Help me Lord, not to make it about talking about faith, but living it out through doing what it right. I want to be known, as abraham was, as your friend.

Chapter 3
I know how destructive the tongue can be Lord, as I have been burned many times. But Lord, I want to use my tongue to build up and bless, not to criticize or hurt. Help me to think about what I say before I say it.

I want the wisdom that is from you Lord. It is not about the world's wisdom, or even about wisdom the current church culture provides. It is about wisdom that comes from you, from your Word.

Chapter 4
As you have said Lord, the blame for arguments and fights is our own, as it comes from the fleshly desires within us.

Lord, I want to be humble before you. I confess all of my pride. I want your blessing, and the lifting up that you bring. Help me to see myself and others the way you see us.

Chapter 5
It is my desire that I personally, as well as our church, be a people that are willing to share our lives with one another, which includes confessing our sins. This, Lord, is a way to humility when we are willing to say the truth about our sin struggles, pray for one another and support each other in a process of restoration, to God, and to others.

No comments: